February 3, 2016 | by: Renette de Beer | 0 comments
The basics of a healthy relationship:
1. Love- God teaches us to love our neighbor as ourselves. Love is a commitment we make to people to always treat that person kind and honorably.
2. Serving Heart-Act in the best interest of the other person. 'Consider others' interests as more important than your own'.
3. Honest Communication- Communication is important because it is the vehicle that allows us to verbalize what is inside of us, what we are thinking and feeling. Sometimes you are the one speaking and other times you would be listening. That allows for connection.
4. Kind/Friendly- The friendlier you are the more you are going to attrack people in your life persuing long-term, mutual beneficial relationships with you.
5. Patience- We normally have an awful lot of time for practice in this area of our lives. God teaches us to be persistent and to be patient. So often relationships break down because people give up and lose patience. We have to learn to have more tolerance and understanding.
6. Loyalty- Loyalty is a commitment to another person. What a powerful and secure feeling of knowing that you have a relationship with someone who is loyal to you and you to them.
7. A Common Purpose- Working together, building together, failing and succeeding together, all while pursuing a common purpose.
8. Fun- This key element can easily be forgotten or neglected. Remember to consciously craft fun situations and moments, for these are the glue that hold memories together and make our lives sweet.
COMMENTS FOR THIS POST HAVE BEEN DISABLED.